- The Vittoria Air-Liner is a tire insert, designed for use in tubeless tires.
- Air-Liner increases control, durability, performance, and protection of both tire and wheel.
- Compatible with any wheel size (up to 29”), any tubeless valve, and tire widths from 1.9-4.0”
The Air-Liner is a high-quality polymer insert, which replaces a portion of the air volume in the tire. This trait, combined with the shape, provides a tunable system that enhances your ride performances. The Air-Liner destroys the traditional compromise of stability vs. grip, and allows your tires to remain stable, grippy, and controlled, even at low pressures.
The Air-Liner is designed using a round cross section, with channels on the top and bottom. The top channel provides room for the tunable air chamber that sits directly beneath the tire tread. Upon impact, the corner edges of the channel flex first, and progressively build to the thicker portion, as the tire is compressed.
This allows the tread to remain flexible, which increases traction, without sacrificing impact resistance.
The bottom channel allows for easy fine-tuning of the air chamber, and allows for full compatibility of all valve core styles. The round cross-section shape mimics the natural shape of the tire, and supports a greater contact area within the sidewalls of the tire casing. Side-to-side tire stability is increased, yet the tread remains soft and grippy. This improves cornering, climbing, and braking performance.
• Protection: Both wheel and tire are protected by the Air-Liner insert. By cushioning impacts from within the tire, your expensive rim remains protected, while eliminating flats caused by rim-strike impacts
• Control: The Air-Liner insert replaces air volume in the tire. The reduced air volume allows the tire to compress and rebound in a more controlled manner compared to standard tubeless systems.
• Performance: Side-to-side tire stability is increased, yet the tread remains soft and grippy. This improves cornering, climbing, and braking performance.
• Durability: This highly durable polymer material has been tested to a projected life of 2000 hours under normal riding, or 1 full hour of run-flat downhill use under a typical rider.
The Air-Liner is available in 4 sizes, and is compatible with all makes and models of tires.S = 1.9’’ – 2.25’’ XC / MarathonM = 2.25’’ – 2.5’’ All MTN / EnduroL = 2.5’’ – 2.70’’ Enduro / PlusXL = 2.70’’ – 4.00’’ Plus / Fat